We're actively seeking a qualified candidates for the Development Director position with Pease Park Conservancy (PPC). Please share the job posting below with your networks!
Pease District Park dates back to an 1875 deed of land from former Texas Governor Elisha M. Pease to the City of Austin for use as a public park. Offering 84-acres of parkland in central Austin and divided by Shoal Creek, Pease Park is a space where people gather to enjoy recreation and respite from everyday stresses. Pease Park Conservancy (PPC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation, beautification, and support of Austin’s central city park for the enjoyment of Austin and future generations.
In October 2014, the Austin City Council unanimously approved the Pease Park Master Plan. The Plan sets out a comprehensive blueprint for long-term preservation, restoration, and enhancement of the park’s cultural, recreational, and natural features. The Conservancy now focuses on implementation of the Plan, specifically Phase One through a $4-5 million capital campaign.
Pease Park Conservancy seeks a passionate, dynamic, and committed leader to work closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and key stakeholders to oversee PPC fundraising efforts, specifically Phase One Implementation through a capital campaign. Also central to this position is expanding the Conservancy’s fundraising capacity to support ongoing organizational operations.
Pease Park Conservancy has an office located at 3001 North Lamar Boulevard. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with flexible scheduling and the ability to work from the office, home, or other locations. The Development Director will report to the Executive Director.
● Minimum bachelor’s degree from four-year university
● 3-5 years experience in relevant fundraising, preferably in the Austin market
● Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly capital campaign fundraising
● Strong interpersonal and writing skills
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
● Desire to get out of office and build relationships with key stakeholders
● Capability to work within a small nonprofit organization that relies heavily on coordinated efforts of staff, board members, and community partners
● Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and the community, demonstrate confidence, common sense, and good listening ability
● Must show passion for and embrace the mission of Pease Park Conservancy
● Coordinate and oversee all fundraising activities; including strategic planning, management, and evaluation of practices and budgets
● Identify individuals, corporations, charitable foundations, and other organizations as potential donors, compile contact information, schedule meetings, and prepare presentation materials
● Cultivate relationships with donors and prospective donors through effective stewardship and communication on an ongoing basis
● Assist with development, and manage capital campaign for Phase One Implementation; including identifying funding sources, drafting campaign materials, managing timelines, and organizing meetings and events
● Oversee grant planning, writing, and submission process. Further, assist with adhering to reporting guidelines ensuring timely and accurate reports
● Assist PPC Board Treasurer and Executive Director with budget drafting and oversee meeting of fundraising goals
● Provide assistance with coordinating special events that raise funds and visibility for PPC; including Amplify Austin, PPC Spring Mailer, Giving Tuesday, Year-End Giving, Eeyore’s Birthday Party, and annual Fall Fundraiser
● Assist with developing new fundraising opportunities and marketing materials; including new events, brochures, and merchandise
● Administer donor database system, assist with input of data, and manage ongoing use of database system; including donor acknowledgement and recognition program
● Participate in board meetings, committee meetings, and other organizational events
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Andrew Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 19th.
Pease Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.