Give 5% to Mother Earth, also known as Austin Give 5, is an annual Earth Day campaign designed to raise awareness and support for local environmental nonprofits and businesses who share a passion and commitment to preserving our natural resources in central Texas.
Now in its 7th year, Austin Give 5 encourages local businesses to commit to donate 5% of their gross sales on Earth Day (Friday, April 22nd) to benefit local environmental nonprofit organizations.
As a 501(c)3, contributions to Austin Give 5 are 100% tax-deductible and they go directly to supporting local nonprofits who work tirelessly to keep Austin green, clean, and healthy. In 2016, all business contributions to the campaign will go to our nonprofit beneficiaries, which include Hill Country Conservancy, Shoal Creek Conservancy, Austin Parks Foundation, Sustainable Food Center, Pease Park Conservancy, Treefolks, Waller Creek Conservancy, Friends of Barton Springs Pool, and the Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund.
To see a full list of prior and current business partners, please visit our website at www.austingive5.org. Interested in participating? Your business will receive a number of promotional benefits, including:
- A city-wide promotional campaign that includes advertisements in print, online, and broadcast media, such as KUT, Austin-American Statesman, Tribeza, and more, as well as billboard recognition in Austin;
- A city-wide PR campaign reaching local TV outlets, radio stations, print publications, blogs, bloggers, and more – the idea is to have the whole city talking about Give 5%!
- Social media promotion through all Give 5 online channels, as well as the online channels of our 8 benefitting nonprofit organizations, which combined reach more than 60,000 subscribers through Facebook and Twitter alone!
- Promotion at local events leading up to the Give 5% shopping day
- Website presence at www.austingive5.org
- In-store print materials, including posters and postcards
To sign up your business for participation in 2016’s Give 5% to Mother Earth campaign, please get in touch with Andy Gill at andrewgill(AT)peasepark.org.